Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Yes the holidays are over... Vacation season has arrived

I am swamped with vacation requests... I get no less than 7 per week and that is a slow week. Our vacation policy is pretty clear but for some reason when the weather get warm everyone looses their minds and can not remember the policy or read it to refresh their memory.
It's a basic policy. 2 weeks notice, submit a written request, first come first serve (meaning you can not have the same time off as 2 or 3 other co-workers in your area and leave the business to run it's self.)
I don't find it difficult to understand or to follow and yes I do submit a request to my boss (the owner of all the companies - just like everyone else).
Please, be kind to your boss when submitting vacation requests and do not schedule and pay for a non-refundable trip prior to being granted the time off. These are my words of advise for the Vacation request season.

No comments:

Post a Comment