Monday, December 15, 2008

EVERYONE has a boss!


Everyone has a boss even the boss. I have the 2nd highest position in my company but the President/Owner is still my boss and I am accountable to my boss. I am also accountable to every employee, our clients/patients, my spouse, my bill collectors and myself.


I wish that everyone could understand this concept. I am not sure if employees don't get it or don't want to get it. I think that it is a mixture of both and it is sorting out which situation applies to which employee that is complicated.


If I unravel this mystery then I should also find a way to instill world piece and win the lotto every week. Maybe I am only able to see this problem as half empty right now and need to step back and gain some perspective.


I will get back to you on this! I have to find a butterfly net now so I can get something done!
December 17, 2008 addition to previous entry:
Well it seems that a person or two from work actually read my dribble. I am grateful for that and find some humor in this also. I have found another another thing to be true: I have always said that if you make a blanket statement to a group of employees about a behavior that needs to be corrected - the person or persons that have the behavior that needs to be corrected will not realize the blanket statement in anyway applies to them and they will basically not hear a word that is being said as it "does not apply to me". The employees in the room that are doing their job and have do not have behavior that needs to be corrected will begin to wonder if in some way something they did could be what is being referred to and they will question themselves. This happened today when a great employee asked if I wrote this blog because they phoned in ill yesterday. I reassured them that I had written this blog prior to their phone call and posted it the night before. I know at times I may seem to be able to read minds but I can not and I do not have a crystal ball and I can not see into the future so it was in no way directed towards this person. MF, rest assured you are a good employees and someone I rely on greatly. It is OK to be sick from time to time. LOL :) You make me laugh and I need that.

No comments:

Post a Comment